User Pass

Forum > Suggestions > Total Yards Rushing should count for more in HoF instead of Broken Tackles

Page:

Link
Originally posted by Jagat0r
I also think quality of competition may factor in so 75 rush yds vs a cpu < 75 rush yds vs ladder #1

This
Impressive. Most impressive. Rob has taught you well. You have controlled your fear. Now, release your anger. Only your hatred can destroy my zone defense.

Link
I also think quality of competition may factor in so 75 rush yds vs a cpu < 75 rush yds vs ladder #1

Yeah, the conversions that I provided come from scouring rankings/stats for whole seasons/partial seasons, HOF and league stats. They should be fairly accurate when looking at the whole picture and wondering what it might take for a player to climb. There are exceptions that I have found to some but they are few and far between. I wold say these numbers are going to be fairly accurate with painting the picture though.

On topic: Brktk is worth about 6 yards on average and that does not account for ST brktks and does not feel outrageous. YACON being worth roughly 2/3 of a yard can play a decent role if one player has a bunch more. Wide Brktk or other separation of some other stat can you be reasoning as well. All of the stats listed are going to carry the most weight for HBs and I am not going to bother tinkering around figuring out a weight for other stats. Cakes was a bonus since combo TEs get them.
Hold my fanny pack and watch this s***

Link

If that were true Chicken wouldn't be middling, I don't get many blowout yards because of the lack of stamina and he's built to be hard to 'shut down' completely. He's got a good amount of his stats against tough teams, but he's not raised up by this.

Also that kind of factoring adds a lot of processing into the MVP races that these devs are kind of 'meh' about in the first place. I doubt they would put that kind of care into it unless we rose up as a userbase to complain it wasn't there upon noticing. Processing = cost for these guys and they are already trying to look for ways to cut down.

I mean Chickens worst game this season was a 77 yard outting against detroit when I accidentally had him on elusive running. The fact that our backup HB has 99 stamina means he gets the lions share of blowout yardages. If it were effected by SoS Chicken would be pushed up by the lack of blowout stats alone if the people around him in total stats had their blowout numbers mean less.
aka - Atatakakunai
Edited by Raid on Nov 13, 2017 19:43:08

Link

Basically what I said.

Originally posted by Raid
If that were true Chicken wouldn't be middling, I don't get many blowout yards because of the lack of stamina and he's built to be hard to 'shut down' completely. He's got a good amount of his stats against tough teams, but he's not raised up by this.

Also that kind of factoring adds a lot of processing into the MVP races that these devs are kind of 'meh' about in the first place. I doubt they would put that kind of care into it unless we rose up as a userbase to complain it wasn't there upon noticing. Processing = cost for these guys and they are already trying to look for ways to cut down.

I mean Chickens worst game this season was a 77 yard outting against detroit when I accidentally had him on elusive running. The fact that our backup HB has 99 stamina means he gets the lions share of blowout yardages. If it were effected by SoS Chicken would be pushed up by the lack of blowout stats alone if the people around him in total stats had their blowout numbers mean less.

It was confirmed years ago.
Owner of the Alaskan Assassins
Edited by Rob. on Nov 14, 2017 00:25:03

Link
Originally posted by Rob.
It was confirmed years ago.

Care to link? Cause if one is working it is working backward with where Chicken sits, behind mr. 'blowout' himself even though he has way less yardage. A huge portion of his yards, broken tackles, and TDs come in games where the score was ridiculous, the exact opposite of Chicken.
aka - Atatakakunai
Edited by Raid on Nov 14, 2017 00:36:53

Link
Care to link? Cause if one is working it is working backward with where Chicken sits, behind mr. 'blowout' himself even though he has way less yardage. A huge portion of his yards, broken tackles, and TDs come in games where the score was ridiculous, the exact opposite of Chicken.

It's not about blowouts, it's about strength of opponent.
Impressive. Most impressive. Rob has taught you well. You have controlled your fear. Now, release your anger. Only your hatred can destroy my zone defense.

Link
Care to link?

Too much work to try to find it.

It makes sense if you think about it though. It's why Vet players dominate the HOF rankings since they are always playing higher ranked opponents. Some exceptions are journey or pro players who put up huge stats and you will see them climb the ranks too. In these cases they are generally on good teams who play up a lot too.

With the tiers continuing to shrink though you are seeing more Pro and journey players getting higher on the HOF rankings. This season in particular 3 of the top 5 offensive players are pro but that tier is so tiny and those guys are playing a lot of vet teams in their ladder matches. Plus their stats are way better than any vet players.
Owner of the Alaskan Assassins
Edited by Rob. on Nov 14, 2017 13:20:35

Link
It could be a 'tier' SoS thing too where it flags games that occur cross tier to boost/negate the stat weights on that game, especially since Chicken is behind Sith in the league rankings, but ahead of him in HoF rankings where ladder games come into the mix.

Edit: actually no, Chicken has just performed better in ladder games comparatively. Which again makes sense since he's built to be a 'spark plug' for the offense to get them going against tough opponents, even if that's not how things are actually rolling out.
aka - Atatakakunai
Edited by Raid on Nov 14, 2017 15:34:35
Page:

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.