User Pass

Forum > General Discussion > Sports > Nice play call at the end Seatle

Page:

Last Online: Feb 4, 2019 14:47:05
Link
Originally posted by seths99
Baited is the wrong word.
They read it very well and were in position to capitalize if Seattle did what they did, but by no means did they 'bait' Seattle into running that play



Baited is the correct term. It my sound stronger then it is meant to be but they did bait them into the pass. They sold out 100% for the run and made it clear as day that if you run its what we will be ready for. Seattle chose the pass which is what the Patriots wanted because everyone knows beastmode was gonna get those yards.

In fact they ran that exact play in practice in that same situation. In fact, butler was BEATEN on the play in practice.
Witness to the Boston Dynasty ~ '01 '03 '04 / '04 '07 / '08

Owner of the Aztec Power, League Champions Season 11 lvl 38 Cap #8, 81-15 Lifetime Regular Season Record and 9-5 Lifetime Post

Last Online: Feb 4, 2019 14:47:05
Link
I mean for fuck sake, Matt Patricia even said they planned it that way:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/2/2/7962403/super-bowl-2015-patriots-interception-seahawks-play-call

I asked Patriots defensive coordinator Matt Patricia if his call was an attempt to induce the Seahawks to throw it, if he thought he could get them to throw it?

"We did," Patricia answered.

Defensive tackle Vince Wilfork said: "That was what we were hoping for in that situation. We have always done a good job here of taking tough situations and our coaching staff finding a way to turn the scheme in our favor."

Carroll tried to explain it:

"We sent in our personnel, they sent in goal line, it's not the right matchup for us to run the football, so on second down we throw the ball really to kind of waste that play. If we score, we do, if we don't, then we'll run it on third and fourth down. And, unfortunately, with the play that we tried to execute, the guy makes a great play and jumps in front of the route and makes an incredible play that nobody would ever think he could do. And, unfortunately, that changes the whole outcome."

A winning drive, 1 yard away, turned into dust.
Witness to the Boston Dynasty ~ '01 '03 '04 / '04 '07 / '08

Owner of the Aztec Power, League Champions Season 11 lvl 38 Cap #8, 81-15 Lifetime Regular Season Record and 9-5 Lifetime Post

Last Online: Jan 11, 2021 09:47:23
Link
Originally posted by Pithy Radish
ugh.... this person right here is the main reason why I didn't want the Patriots to win.



Yeah, but at least he's not grabbing his crotch after every post.
Forbes estimates the fortune of the Castro Bros at $900M. The average Cuban lives on $20 a month. That's how Communism works.

Last Online: Nov 25, 2020 21:17:15
Link
Originally posted by Larry Roadgrader

Yeah, but at least he's not grabbing his crotch after every post.


lol at the butthurt coming from the nut grab
Spreading joy throughout the GLB world one post a time.
Currently #1 In the Royal Family Power Rankings

Last Online: Oct 21, 2018 17:04:56
Link
A couple points:

- 5 plays is not a big enough sample to declare a 20% success rate.
- Of the 108 other pass plays called from the 1 this season, how many were a quick slant like play 109?

Last Online: Jun 1, 2018 16:57:51
Link
The WR's route was very weak too.
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
~ Albert Einstein

Last Online: Apr 12, 2019 17:48:24
Link
Originally posted by Gnosis
The WR's route was very weak too.


Ricardo Lockette can only run deep post, fades, and go routes effectively. He sucks at pretty much any other route, which is what made that play call even more perplexing. He was Seattle's number 5 receiver for most of the year.
Originally posted by jrry32
I have Seattle at 3-6 wins as well. I have the Rams at 4-7 wins. I think they are slightly better than Seattle. If you look at the starting the lineup, I think most people would agree.
Edited by Pithy Radish on Feb 3, 2015 17:59:18

Last Online: Dec 22, 2019 12:08:38
Link
Originally posted by HaplosDog
Clearly not everyone.


PA means you don't send out the 3 WR package to begin with.
The promise was that when the glass was full, it would overflow, benefitting the poor. But what happens instead, is that when the glass is full, it magically gets bigger, nothing ever comes out for the poor. -- Pope Francis

Last Online: Dec 22, 2019 12:08:38
Link
Originally posted by Osmlol
Uh, went goal line all big men selling the run refused to call a time out to force Seattle to make a decision.

Belichick was hoping he did exactly what happened. You are naive if you think that he wasnt begging them to throw the ball with the personnel and defense he had lined up. He knew a run was a death sentence so he dared them to pass it and they took the bait.


Was that right after Belichick triple-dog dared Carroll to put his tongue on the goal post??
The promise was that when the glass was full, it would overflow, benefitting the poor. But what happens instead, is that when the glass is full, it magically gets bigger, nothing ever comes out for the poor. -- Pope Francis

Last Online: Dec 22, 2019 12:08:38
Link
Originally posted by Osmlol

Baited is the correct term. It my sound stronger then it is meant to be but they did bait them into the pass. They sold out 100% for the run and made it clear as day that if you run its what we will be ready for. Seattle chose the pass which is what the Patriots wanted because everyone knows beastmode was gonna get those yards.

In fact they ran that exact play in practice in that same situation. In fact, butler was BEATEN on the play in practice.


You mean they lined up for a goal line defense? How uniquely creative.
The promise was that when the glass was full, it would overflow, benefitting the poor. But what happens instead, is that when the glass is full, it magically gets bigger, nothing ever comes out for the poor. -- Pope Francis

Last Online: Dec 22, 2019 12:08:38
Link
Originally posted by Pithy Radish
Ricardo Lockette can only run deep post, fades, and go routes effectively. He sucks at pretty much any other route, which is what made that play call even more perplexing. He was Seattle's number 5 receiver for most of the year.


Yep. Butler got off the ball more quickly than Lockette did. Just watched again. Lockette did some kind of little two-step at the beginning of the play. Should have called for an inside move and outside throw, like Brady to Edelman earlier in the game, IF they really, really, really wanted to line up with 3 receivers and SELL OUT the pass from the 1 yard line.

http://youtu.be/JBx7SgnekFE
The promise was that when the glass was full, it would overflow, benefitting the poor. But what happens instead, is that when the glass is full, it magically gets bigger, nothing ever comes out for the poor. -- Pope Francis

Last Online: Jan 11, 2021 09:47:23
Link
Originally posted by Ahrens858
lol at the butthurt coming from the nut grab


You're going to have kids one day. You want to have that discussion with a 6 year old? He's paid as much money as a CEO of a medium sized company. Its not going to kill him to be put in a room and actually *listen* to some advice on how to work and play well with others, both on the field and off.
Forbes estimates the fortune of the Castro Bros at $900M. The average Cuban lives on $20 a month. That's how Communism works.

Last Online: Apr 12, 2019 17:48:24
Link
Originally posted by Lurchy
Yep. Butler got off the ball more quickly than Lockette did. Just watched again. Lockette did some kind of little two-step at the beginning of the play. Should have called for an inside move and outside throw, like Brady to Edelman earlier in the game, IF they really, really, really wanted to line up with 3 receivers and SELL OUT the pass from the 1 yard line.

http://youtu.be/JBx7SgnekFE


Not only that but I think it was Browner that said something to the effect of "that is one of the only plays that they run in that formation"
Originally posted by jrry32
I have Seattle at 3-6 wins as well. I have the Rams at 4-7 wins. I think they are slightly better than Seattle. If you look at the starting the lineup, I think most people would agree.

Last Online: Feb 24, 2016 13:32:45
Link
Also, some media members keep making excuses for Seattle by saying they didn't have enough time to run three times. Well yes, actually they most certainly did. Seattle allowed forty seconds to pass between their first and second down plays. While I understand that you don't want to leave Tom Brady with more time, you're down by four points and need to focus on getting into the fucking end zone. If you trail by three points or less, then by all means melt the clock, but if you need a touchdown then get your ass in their as best you can and worry about playing defense if you actually manage to take the lead.
"That's my secret, Captain. I'm always angry."

Last Online: Nov 18, 2020 12:50:30
Link
Originally posted by jdbolick
Also, some media members keep making excuses for Seattle by saying they didn't have enough time to run three times. Well yes, actually they most certainly did. Seattle allowed forty seconds to pass between their first and second down plays. While I understand that you don't want to leave Tom Brady with more time, you're down by four points and need to focus on getting into the fucking end zone. If you trail by three points or less, then by all means melt the clock, but if you need a touchdown then get your ass in their as best you can and worry about playing defense if you actually manage to take the lead.


makes you wonder how much confidence they really had in their d
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
Page:

Post Reply

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.