User Pass

Forum > General Discussion > Sports > Nice play call at the end Seatle

Page:

Last Online: Feb 24, 2016 13:32:45
Link
Originally posted by seths99
makes you wonder how much confidence they really had in their d

"That's my secret, Captain. I'm always angry."

Last Online: Nov 18, 2020 12:50:30
Link
awww, that's cute.
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Last Online: Oct 18, 2020 21:47:20
things!
Link
Originally posted by jdbolick
Also, some media members keep making excuses for Seattle by saying they didn't have enough time to run three times. Well yes, actually they most certainly did. Seattle allowed forty seconds to pass between their first and second down plays. While I understand that you don't want to leave Tom Brady with more time, you're down by four points and need to focus on getting into the fucking end zone. If you trail by three points or less, then by all means melt the clock, but if you need a touchdown then get your ass in their as best you can and worry about playing defense if you actually manage to take the lead.


not to mention 22 seconds is maybe enough time for their 3 plays anyway since they can stop the clock after one of them.

snap at 22 seconds. if you don't get in, stop the clock again at 18.

run it again, if you don't get in let's say the clock is at 14 at the end of the play. you can't get back to the same line of scrimmage again in 13 seconds?

Last Online: Feb 4, 2019 14:47:05
Link
Its so easy to plan out that last minute when your sitting here days later. When Bill doesnt call a TO they panicked to make a decision.
Witness to the Boston Dynasty ~ '01 '03 '04 / '04 '07 / '08

Owner of the Aztec Power, League Champions Season 11 lvl 38 Cap #8, 81-15 Lifetime Regular Season Record and 9-5 Lifetime Post

Last Online: Jan 11, 2021 09:47:23
Link
Originally posted by Osmlol
Its so easy to plan out that last minute when your sitting here days later. When Bill doesnt call a TO they panicked to make a decision.


"Bill"? Are you and he on a first-name basis now?
Forbes estimates the fortune of the Castro Bros at $900M. The average Cuban lives on $20 a month. That's how Communism works.

Last Online: Feb 4, 2019 14:47:05
Link
Originally posted by Larry Roadgrader
"Bill"? Are you and he on a first-name basis now?


Its his name you twat. What do you want me to say? mr belichick? coach? pig skin jesus?
Witness to the Boston Dynasty ~ '01 '03 '04 / '04 '07 / '08

Owner of the Aztec Power, League Champions Season 11 lvl 38 Cap #8, 81-15 Lifetime Regular Season Record and 9-5 Lifetime Post

Last Online: Oct 21, 2018 17:04:56
Link
Agree with bolick and gart, they had tons of time. Hell, at the end of the first half the put together an entire TD scoring drive in less time.

Although, I would have gone 2nd down, 3rd down, time out, 4th down, if I had to use that many downs. Less risky imo.

Last Online: Feb 24, 2016 13:32:45
Link
Originally posted by Larry Roadgrader
"Bill"? Are you and he on a first-name basis now?

"That's my secret, Captain. I'm always angry."

Last Online: Feb 4, 2019 14:47:05
Link
Originally posted by Cuivienen
Agree with bolick and gart, they had tons of time. Hell, at the end of the first half the put together an entire TD scoring drive in less time.

Although, I would have gone 2nd down, 3rd down, time out, 4th down, if I had to use that many downs. Less risky imo.


They HAD plenty of time after the circus catch. They mismanaged it waiting/assuming Bill would call a TO.
Witness to the Boston Dynasty ~ '01 '03 '04 / '04 '07 / '08

Owner of the Aztec Power, League Champions Season 11 lvl 38 Cap #8, 81-15 Lifetime Regular Season Record and 9-5 Lifetime Post

Last Online: Oct 21, 2018 17:04:56
Link
Meh, I like the call to let time run down. But I would have called run on 2nd down simply to keep the clock moving if nothing else.

I would only dream of getting cute if I failed to score on 2nd down.

The last thing I would want to do is give the ball back to Brady with time to tie. You need to close the game out at that point. Look at the NFCCG. Seattle left way too much time for GB to send it to OT, and they did. They also could have straight up won in regulation. That was an unnecessary risk.

Last Online: Oct 18, 2020 21:47:20
things!
Link
Yeah, I was very pro their clock usage. I was actually happy that he got tackled at the 1 instead of getting in. Everything was great imo except for throwing that slant.

Last Online: Apr 12, 2019 17:48:24
Link
Originally posted by Gart888
Yeah, I was very pro their clock usage. I was actually happy that he got tackled at the 1 instead of getting in. Everything was great imo except for throwing that slant.


The Patriot players said "that is the only play they ever throw from that formation". They all saw it coming from a mile away. It should have been some kind of rollout to take advantage of russell's mobility imo with the routes heading towards the boundaries of the endzone.
Originally posted by jrry32
I have Seattle at 3-6 wins as well. I have the Rams at 4-7 wins. I think they are slightly better than Seattle. If you look at the starting the lineup, I think most people would agree.

Last Online: Oct 18, 2020 21:47:20
things!
Link
Originally posted by Pithy Radish
The Patriot players said "that is the only play they ever throw from that formation". They all saw it coming from a mile away. It should have been some kind of rollout to take advantage of russell's mobility imo with the routes heading towards the boundaries of the endzone.


http://glb.warriorgeneral.com/game/forum_thread.pl?thread_id=5221667&page=2#48915127

Last Online: Apr 12, 2019 17:48:24
Link
Originally posted by Gart888
http://glb.warriorgeneral.com/game/forum_thread.pl?thread_id=5221667&page=2#48915127


Could you be our offensive coordinator?
Originally posted by jrry32
I have Seattle at 3-6 wins as well. I have the Rams at 4-7 wins. I think they are slightly better than Seattle. If you look at the starting the lineup, I think most people would agree.

Online
Link
Originally posted by Pithy Radish
The Patriot players said "that is the only play they ever throw from that formation". They all saw it coming from a mile away. It should have been some kind of rollout to take advantage of russell's mobility imo with the routes heading towards the boundaries of the endzone.


Originally posted by Larry Roadgrader
"Russell"? Are you and he on a first-name basis now?


Page:

Post Reply

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.