User Pass

Forum > Suggestions > Clear Issues

Link
1. DB pathing is garbage as usual
2. Spy plays don't work, the LB literally freezes until the play is over
3. Tackling seems to be even more pathetic for every dot that's not an LB
4. Assisted tackles should clearly be in a dots statline on his page, and should contribute to total tackles
5. Defensive linemen shouldn't struggle so much at bringing the ball carrier down if the tackling stats are adequate
5. Defensive reaction to run/pass is garbage. Only closing speed helps combat this, but pathing causes them to run past the ball carrier or run into someone already engaged in a block
6. One blocker shouldn't be able to hold off two defenders, this is way too consistent now
7. clean up the tactics interface, not just the playbook one
8. back to pathing in general, it sucks
9. run blocking on the outside has gotten a little iffy with these weak ass blocks. And if the HB is behind the defense they why do they continue to stay in the block animation for so long? It doesn't make any sense.

and finally (for now) FIX FUCKING SAFETIES. S* safeties may look like they have "good stats", but if you really pay attention to the sim its not hard to see they get fucked over way to much. We invest heavy speed and quickness so they can get to the ball quick (and they do) yet even with strong tackling mechanics they are more often than not gonna get ran over or just miss the tackle in general (fucking pathing). PASS COVERAGE IS ABSOLUTE SHIT. No matter how you build them, they don't react to the TE until he's halfway done with his route. GIVE US AN OPTION TO CHOOSE IF WE WANT THEM TO PLAY BOX OR THE PASS
The pool game on iPhone is the key to ending all military activity worldwide

Link
sounds like you need better builds
What did LL Cool J say? Don't call it a comeback right?

Link
Agree with 1, 2, 4, 6, 8.

Link
Clear whining yes
DJ Nucleus http://nervedjsmixtapes.com/member/DJNucleus.htm
Who's more foolish...the fool or the fool who follows him? *Obi-Wan Kenobi*

Link
Having seen some of your builds, you really neglect power tackling, which has a huge impact on tackle success. I remember you built a S* SS with 90 TT and 20 PT which explains that. I feel tackling is actually in a good place right now, I enjoy the balance of the sim in that respect

Pathing where 2 defenders get taken in is huge though

Link
Originally posted by jakedood
Having seen some of your builds, you really neglect power tackling, which has a huge impact on tackle success. I remember you built a S* SS with 90 TT and 20 PT which explains that. I feel tackling is actually in a good place right now, I enjoy the balance of the sim in that respect

Pathing where 2 defenders get taken in is huge though

Actually Landon wasn't that bad a tackler, he only had one really bad tackling season and that's because he was sucked in past the defender most of the time and then would try to catch them from behind. I used sprinting and quickness to get him moving towards the backfield and he had a lot of momentum. When paired with closing speed and brick wall, he was actually pretty decent at either bringing down the ballcarrier, or holding the guy long enough for help to come.

But your post proves my point, you automatically assumed that i'm talking about defending the run. In reality, Landon was a actually more of a pass defender. Even with 90 sprinting and 75 quickness, he let slower TE's get past him on pass plays all the time. The Safeties are just scripted to stand there until the defender reaches them. I've actually seen him jump routes every now and then, but when you have 90 sprinting and 75 quickness, i'm expecting more.

For example, my CB Spidey Man had 90 quickness and 80 sprinting. He exclusively played slot and only allowed a 40% completion rate (with 0 play knowledge, but who knows how much that even matters). He spent a lot of time matching up with star players at the Vet level. If quickness and sprinting helped him out in the passing game, how come adding more to a safety doesn't?
The pool game on iPhone is the key to ending all military activity worldwide

Link
i haven't had much issues with safeties honestly. mine have all been pretty succesfull. usually my FS is my best tackler on the team and the SS is usally not far behind.

Pathing is shit a lot though.
Owner:Southside Rebels, Owner:Fort Slaughterhouse, AS GM:Blood Sweat and Beers, We wreck it up.

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.