User Pass

Forum > Suggestions > Defender bonus to INT should not continue to 'tick' after initial contact with ball from offense

Link
There are WAYYYYYYYY too many passes hitting a receivers hands and falling to only be grabbed up by a defender a few yards away, I assume because the ball is 'still in the air' from the pass and the exponential bonus for time ball is in the air is still in effect.

This bonus should reset when the ball gets touched, as the flight of the ball is completely different. Defenders diving to grab a ball an inch off the ground from 5 yards away when it bounces off an offensive player should not be a 'normal' play, it should happen when a defender is extremely skilled at diving and intercepting.

Also, I've noticed this bonus seems to also increase catch radius. NOT DO THAT.
aka - Atatakakunai
Edited by Raid on Jan 24, 2019 17:58:17

Link
I don't see it happen too often in GLB2, but in a real game whenever a ball is deflected up into the air there is a good chance a defender is going to come down with it.
“Fate whispers to the warrior, 'You can not withstand the storm.'
The warrior whispers back, 'I am the storm."

Link
Originally posted by Bretto007
I don't see it happen too often in GLB2, but in a real game whenever a ball is deflected up into the air there is a good chance a defender is going to come down with it.

This. Tipped balls are usually picked off.

Link
It probably doesn't happen enough.
Owner of Whoville Whos.

Admin
Link
Ah, nostalgia.

Haven't seen this issue brought up since alpha days. Tipped balls were being picked off dozens of times a game, haha.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!

Link
Originally posted by Bretto007

tipped vs dropped is one thing, these balls are being scooped off the ground not overthrown balls that a receiver barely gets a hand on.

And it's almost always by a trailing defender and not an upfield one, the ball usually will hit a receiver then just fall in place.
aka - Atatakakunai

Link
It's a 2D sim so we don't really know the pathways
The pool game on iPhone is the key to ending all military activity worldwide

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.