User Pass

Forum > Suggestions > GLB2 Hard Mode

Page:

Link
Originally posted by Corndog
So your suggestion is to...fracture the user base here?

Is that like a sabotage attempt or what?

I think that was precisely his suggestion.
Owner of Whoville Whos.

Link
Actually TJ, iirc GLB started in early-mid 2007. I joined up around July and got in on season 2 I think.
aka - Atatakakunai
Edited by Raid on Aug 27, 2020 10:11:41

Link
lol this is getting good
Edited by 4chanCitizen on Aug 27, 2020 16:31:13

Link
Originally posted by Raid
Actually TJ, iirc GLB started in early-mid 2007. I joined up around July and got in on season 2 I think.

I joined part way through season 1 in 2008. The Bort account was created in 2008. I know there was at least 1 season of alpha testing before I got there, and there is (or at least used to be) a few "Alpha Tester" badges floating around, so maybe there was something going on in 2007, but I'm 99.99% positive GLB officially launched in 2008.

Yeah just checked..
https://glb.warriorgeneral.com/game/home.pl?user_id=1

Link
Originally posted by Corndog
So your suggestion is to...fracture the user base here?

It doesn't need to. You kind of have to weigh attrition against renewed interest.

Assuming nothing changes, those that are happy with the current trajectory of the game will stay. That's not going to change.

Those that get bored with the game will leave, and that trend will continue.

What if there was some kind of "unlock' mechanic that allowed those that were interested, to open up more options? There's already a similar mechanic with Super Stars. What if instead of getting all the extra stuff for free, there was a gateway system. Like instead of an extra chunk of skill points right off the bat, you got bonus SPs for consecutive days logging in, and/or bonus SPs every time you spent your current SPs.

Or you gained an extra trait for completing your first career. Or extra Attribute points for winning X achievement/s.

Or

Go completely off the rails and unlock skill caps by hitting caps of other skills... Like you can't have over 70 Sprinting without 50 Conditioning. Or position skills like receivers can't get 75 Route Tech without hitting 58 Route Awareness or whatever. Make skills interrelated.

Or

Add a 4th star platinum rating for complex combinations of attributes, skills, and achievements

There's really limitless options once you start thinking about it.

Link
glb2 is already in hard mode with all these great agents still here lol an i think when i started this gm you only got like a 1000 pts to start an tryin to use this system is not a bad idea but wont work who would want to get there rt tech to 75 to unlock somethin this would not work an would be more frustratin for newer people it can be frustratin enough as it is ,i think some important skills to put points into should have more impact ,but because the art is sometimes off from what u see in the gm as corndog explained last year i think visuals dont mean shit anymore to be honest ,example your cb could get smoked at the line of scrimmage but still make a play cause the graphics/framerate in this gm dont line up like they used to so your visual stuff can be skewed an off from that . i remember tydavis an corndog agruing over this a season or two ago once i seen visuals can be skewed in this gm i stopped worrying about it to much anymore and conditionin in this gm should be more important

loldrake
Link
Originally posted by TJ Spikes

Go completely off the rails and unlock skill caps by hitting caps of other skills... Like you can't have over 70 Sprinting without 50 Conditioning. Or position skills like receivers can't get 75 Route Tech without hitting 58 Route Awareness or whatever. Make skills interrelated.

Can't lie I kind of like this to a point. Only problem would then be all builds would look very similar.
I have the best WR ever

Link
So, the more I kick this around in my brain...

GLB2 actually isn't all that different from GLB1. Those that put in all the extra nerdery and OCD build obsession are rewarded with superior dots, essentially the GLB1 version of super stars. The difference is because the salary cap system is a million miles from where it started, it doesn't actually do anything, so every team is allowed to have an unlimited number of them, and therefore every dot must be a super star. If GLB1 had a salary cap tied to EL, it would be much more like GLB2.

vs. here, The paid Super Star system is already in place, and there's already a salary cap system to prevent teams from having all Super Stars.

What if there was a way to build a super star-like player, by putting forth extra effort? It might require a tweak of the salary cap system, or have some other work-around like a Trait unlock "Love of the game" or something where the player plays for a reduced salary, but just to allow a mix of players. In theory, a player could grow himself right off a team's salary cap, which isn't unlike what happens in the NFL in free agency.

Link
So, the more I kick this around in my brain...

GLB2 actually isn't all that different from GLB1. Those that put in all the extra nerdery and OCD build obsession are rewarded with superior dots, essentially the GLB1 version of super stars. The difference is because the salary cap system is a million miles from where it started, it doesn't actually do anything, so every team is allowed to have an unlimited number of them, and therefore every dot must be a super star. If GLB1 had a salary cap tied to EL, it would be much more like GLB2.

vs. here, The paid Super Star system is already in place, and there's already a salary cap system to prevent teams from having all Super Stars.

What if there was a way to build a super star-like player, by putting forth extra effort? It might require a tweak of the salary cap system, or have some other work-around like a Trait unlock "Love of the game" or something where the player plays for a reduced salary, but just to allow a mix of players. In theory, a player could grow himself right off a team's salary cap, which isn't unlike what happens in the NFL in free agency.

The issue with players pricing themselves off of a team roster is that he would have to be affordable for another team and another team would have to have the space to sign him. Additionally, the player build itself would have to be a fit for any team that is able to take him on.

Once upon a time, there were free agents galore and enough teams to snap up quality builds to better their team.

This is just not the case any more.
Hold my fanny pack and watch this s***

Link
I joined part way through season 1 in 2008. The Bort account was created in 2008. I know there was at least 1 season of alpha testing before I got there, and there is (or at least used to be) a few "Alpha Tester" badges floating around, so maybe there was something going on in 2007, but I'm 99.99% positive GLB officially launched in 2008.

Yeah just checked..
https://glb.warriorgeneral.com/game/home.pl?user_id=1

You're right, I was getting my years mixed up somehow... yeah I signed up in july 4th of 08.
aka - Atatakakunai
Page:

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.