User Pass

Forum > Goal Line Blitz 2 > Is this pass going through because of Pursuit ?

Link
https://glb2.warriorgeneral.com/game/replay/747771/1863336

Since being so close and then having a carpet pull from underneath your feet hurts real bad so I want to learn adapt improve.

Also I would like to understand why that CB got two receivers and is there a way to prevent the double up?

Link
CB4 left his assignment thinking it was a run inside. Pursuit is critical against PA fakes for DBs.

CB2 tried to recover and defend WR4, but looks to slow. Would have been a tackle if he hadn't dived like that.

Link
fwiw 90 pursuit ain't even enough... I've come to the conclusion that PA is more random than not
H A W A I I ☢ B U L L S

Link
Originally posted by o The Boss x
fwiw 90 pursuit ain't even enough... I've come to the conclusion that PA is more random than not

I think it depends on the QB as well. If his Leadership is higher than 90 then a 90 Pursuit won't always cut it.

Link
well dam then its going to happen more in the future whether I like it or not .

Link
Pursuit is supposed to help against PA, but there's a lot that goes into the calculation.

QB leadership and HB carry awareness both help PA. Then you have other things like play knowledge, morale, energy, chemistry, consistency, and play repetitions.

It's hard to know for sure how those factors are weighted against each other, but I feel like morale is pretty big.

If you look at the play you'll notice Taki had the lowest morale, and he also bit on the PA the hardest.

Edited by darkwingaa on Oct 21, 2020 09:50:30

Link
Originally posted by darkwingaa
Pursuit is supposed to help against PA, but there's a lot that goes into the calculation.

QB leadership and HB carry awareness both help PA. Then you have other things like play knowledge, morale, energy, chemistry, consistency, and play repetitions.

It's hard to know for sure how those factors are weighted against each other, but I feel like morale is pretty big.

If you look at the play you'll notice Taki had the lowest morale, and he also bit on the PA the hardest.

Where does it say carry awareness?

Link
Pursuit helps, but not as much as help over the top. You have to account for PA if teams run it.
Owner of Whoville Whos.

Link
Originally posted by vipermaw82
Where does it say carry awareness?

From the changelog:

Play Action
- Added logic for Play Action passes. I have only added 2 new plays for now so we can test it out, but will expand on them soon assuming there are no major issues:

http://glb2.warriorgeneral.com/images/tactics/offense_plays/528.gif Singleback PA Double Post
http://glb2.warriorgeneral.com/images/tactics/offense_plays/529.gif I Form PA Gut Shot

- Defenders may briefly "bite" on play action fakes, pulling them out of position or making them hesitate on coverage. Defenders in deep zones are less likely to bite, so leaving everyone on an island vs Play Action may be a bad idea.
- The quality of a play action fake is determined by a combination of rolls based on the QB's Leadership skill and the HB's Carry Awareness. Defenders resist the fake using Pursuit skill rolls.
- Play action fakes also become more effective the more a team has run inside recently, and less effective the more they have passed.
- Play action plays take a bit longer for the QB to get into his dropback motion, and involve some faked run blocking, so the QB could find himself under more pressure if nobody is fooled!

Link
Hmmm well pursuit still fails lol

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.