User Pass

Forum > Goal Line Blitz 2 > S49 Ladder GG/Discussion

Page:

Link
Originally posted by ThePh33P
its a jrpg + rougelite combo that really scratches the theory crafting power trip. Its Really Fun and Unique

Official name?

Link
its a jrpg + rougelite combo that really scratches the theory crafting power trip. Its Really Fun and Unique

What did you just say?
ďFate whispers to the warrior, 'You can not withstand the storm.'
The warrior whispers back, 'I am the storm."

Link
Originally posted by vipermaw82
Official name?

Time Break Chronicles

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1393500/Time_Break_Chronicles/

Link
Time Break Chronicles

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1393500/Time_Break_Chronicles/

I'm glad they put a wrestler in there... though I did try to get them to make me the wrestler character first way back, lol. I'm on a few wrestling games, it would've been nice to get into another genre, ahahah.

https://firepro-w.com/item/detail/41150 (gotta log into your PSN account to see)
Edited by Myrik_Justiciar on Nov 24, 2020 07:49:50

Link
I need to go back to playing fire pro

Link
I'm gonna have to take a look at it when I have time.

Link
Now... back to hockey coding... CD get on it

Link
Originally posted by agerm73
I need to go back to playing fire pro

I've been meaning to go back to it too, just been wrapped up on Call of Duty Warzone lately (great free battle royal game). FirePro is such a great wrestling sim, way better than any WWE games I've ever seen... all that DLC allowed so much customization, it's amazing.
Edited by Myrik_Justiciar on Nov 24, 2020 12:13:38

Link
G freakin G Daltonville. Second half was insane for both sides, but man you guys held in.

Sidebar: Your QB and PA is just ridiculous, I donít know how you kept getting away with it
The pool game on iPhone is the key to ending all military activity worldwide

Link
Originally posted by TyDavis315
Defensive awareness sucks first and foremost. Zone awareness is questionable since zone takes advantage of many things (vertical, defenders keeping up with receivers no matter the speed, insane interception radius, sitting to seal outside runs, knocked loose bug, monster hit, etc) while man awareness is hot garbage because defenders canít defend jack shit once they get to Vet without double teaming. Not even because they canít hang, but because QB accuracy is dookie and reception awareness makes receivers who are stacked up on it and hands/CIT unguardable. Blitz awareness is the biggest rip off Iíve seen in my life.

Then we have the rest of the skills that are expensive as shit. By the time you get to Vet you're already thinking of what youíll do differently on the next go.

Iíve never understood the whole ďdefense is fineĒ argument lately. Itís not fun or fresh. You have guys like Kentucky that put stars at spots where they can be creative and itís beautiful to watch even as they kick your ass, then you have the guys that spam scout double team plays that make you stop watching in the first quarter because no one wants to watch that shit all game. (Then you have your unicorns like me thatíll experiment with everything. Of course, the game is not built for that which is why we may complain the most, but weíre here for the sake of growth:cop

I wish GE could see the era he ushered in. People used to say he was deluded, but now I donít think many would be able to keep up.

Okay, you have gone overboard on this. Pass defense can be very frustrating to watch but if you look at the numbers it's not crazy. The best QB in vet have completion percent around 62-67%. In the NFL the best in a season are 66%+ usually. I think the only part of the defense that is a bit messed is there is no way to truly shut out a Star TE or the PA plays for an entire game. Otherwise, you can shut down an RB. You can limit a team's offense pretty well. The only true difference you see at VET to real football is that during the passing game without having an all WR roster you cant throw the ball to all of the WR and be good. You have to focus the star te, pa plays, and a te drives to the wr3.

I have seen blitz awareness have a major impact. I am not sure why you say it's crap. I put it on all of my blitzing linebackers and I see a clear advantage of them reacting faster to the ball carrier versus not having it.

Now skills that we have all tested and have no worth in investing in are strip technique and coverage technique.

Man awareness I watch my CB closely. You will see a clear dot reaction change to the ball when awareness is higher. CB biggest issue is physicals lack. You can not build a normal CB that is equivalent to a normal WR. I have built some amazing CB. The one thing I see a ton is the physical issues. If you get your coverage skills high you move slow. If a WR goes pure physical with some catching they will win on quick routes and turn back to the ball easy. During these plays you will see the CB with high awareness reacts to the ball fast just doesnt have the physicals to get there.
Owner:Southside Rebels
Edited by dredgar on Nov 25, 2020 14:12:44

Link
Originally posted by dredgar

Okay, you have gone overboard on this. Pass defense can be very frustrating to watch but if you look at the numbers it's not crazy. The best QB in vet have completion percent around 62-67%. In the NFL the best in a season are 66%+ usually. I think the only part of the defense that is a bit messed is there is no way to truly shut out a Star TE or the PA plays for an entire game. Otherwise, you can shut down an RB. You can limit a team's offense pretty well. The only true difference you see at VET to real football is that during the passing game without having an all WR roster you cant throw the ball to all of the WR and be good. You have to focus the star te, pa plays, and a te drives to the wr3.

I have seen blitz awareness have a major impact. I am not sure why you say it's crap. I put it on all of my blitzing linebackers and I see a clear advantage of them reacting faster to the ball carrier versus not having it.

Now skills that we have all tested and have no worth in investing in are strip technique and coverage technique.

Man awareness I watch my CB closely. You will see a clear dot reaction change to the ball when awareness is higher. CB biggest issue is physicals lack. You can not build a normal CB that is equivalent to a normal WR. I have built some amazing CB. The one thing I see a ton is the physicality issues. If you get your coverage skills high you move slow. If a WR goes pure physical with some catching they will win on quick routes and turn back to the ball easy. During these plays you will see the CB with high awareness reacts to the ball fast just doesnt have the physicals to get there.

Man awareness is not that great. Is it a good investment? Hell yeah, but the fact still remains that QB accuracy and reception awareness completely blows it. I think a lot of that has to do with coverage tech. Iím seeing that with less tech theyíre not ďclampingĒ the QB which allows for more flexibility in playing the ball once the QB throws it. I love tech, but itís really only good for majority deflecting. and immediate tackle guys (which I personally prefer).

QBs are not that great. This discussion is tiresome. My QB is absolute garbage yet heís 6th in Vet, so that says enough about that. Itís mostly about receivers and TEs which I will admit we have an absolute great crop of in Vet. Almost every team has a S* WR, TE, or both. That, and reception awareness saves QBs asses.

I will say that we do definitely have good QBs in the game. But realistically speaking, their supporting cast is also great. Normal QBs cool, they can only do so much. But from what Iím seeing from Star QBs, I have my doubts about them.

Link
As far as blitz awareness: On primary rushers, it is useful of course. However, if you run flexible defenses where the blitz can come from anywhere, you notice that in the middle areas itís less relevant.

Once again, you donít have the option of creating a flexible defense. Whereas a 3 star offense can wreak havoc, you canít experience the same type of dominance with just 3 stars on defense.

Link
Originally posted by TyDavis315
As far as blitz awareness: On primary rushers, it is useful of course. However, if you run flexible defenses where the blitz can come from anywhere, you notice that in the middle areas itís less relevant.

Once again, you donít have the option of creating a flexible defense. Whereas a 3 star offense can wreak havoc, you canít experience the same type of dominance with just 3 stars on defense.

There are many defensive plays which work and a flexible defense is certainly capable of doing well.
Hold my fanny pack and watch this s***

Link
Originally posted by Detroit Leos
There are many defensive plays which work and a flexible defense is certainly capable of doing well.

I find that true until Journeyman. Much of defense at the higher level is mostly SA based to help stave off weak points. While thatís nice, imagine if knocked loose and drops get fixed. What if vertical is made more realistic. What is the next change further helps offense.

I notice a lot of you guys keep focusing on the right now. Changes happen every season right? I would prefer to speak out on defensive changes Iíd like to see bc as far as Iím seeing they mostly favor offense. Even the last change had a significant impact on offense, especially linemen.

Also, Iíd really rather not hear the opinion of users who have ridiculous amounts of stars, multis, or star coaching lineups and outstanding championships. Doesnít really seem that fair of an input you know?

Link
I get it man. I have advocated for defensive boosts plenty. Defenders are far more strapped when it comes to SP costs as they are defending against the run and the pass all while requiring many more skills to be effective with their roles. However, player builds and tactical holes will always be a difference when comparing newcomers to veteran coaches.

Check out Miamisburg's defense. I have run both man and zone plays with them, have not gameplanned at all, and overall it has done pretty well outside of the game against Kentucky. In addition, the defense has run many different plays while the player builds are not necessarily ideal for both.

It shows that the major thing lacking for defenses was simply useful plays, which the devs have added many different defensive plays over the seasons. Some more defensive plays are surely needed, but you cannot say that defenses are struggling that bad if I have successfully plugged in such a diverse playbook with a team that has players not ideally fot to cater to the plethora of defensive play calls which I have rolled out.

I am merely stating that there is a decent play selection available especially when considering how few plays used to be viable.

Once again, player builds and having a playbook with few holes tactically goes a long ways in the game and will always be an advantage for veteran coaches.
Hold my fanny pack and watch this s***
Page:

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.