User Pass

Forum > Suggestions > QB SA

Link
What would adding quickness/footwork to on the run do and can we get that?
The pool game on iPhone is the key to ending all military activity worldwide

Link
Not much I'd imagine as the proc happens as you throw on the run, not when you are trying to buy time.

Balance has a similar effect on throwing while not planted, I'm pretty sure on the run just makes sure you pass your balance check when throwing - but it may actively improve pass quality too, pretty vague on what it does but it's the most important QB skill in existence already.
aka - Atatakakunai

Link
Originally posted by TyDavis315
What would adding quickness/footwork to on the run do and can we get that?

Do you mean tuck and run???

Originally posted by Raid
Not much I'd imagine as the proc happens as you throw on the run, not when you are trying to buy time.

Balance has a similar effect on throwing while not planted, I'm pretty sure on the run just makes sure you pass your balance check when throwing - but it may actively improve pass quality too, pretty vague on what it does but it's the most important QB skill in existence already.

I've never really seen anything on balance impacting throw accuracy. Makes sense logically, but the OTR SA reads that there is just a penalty to accuracy when not planted. I have not really experimented with higher balance on QBs, but also have had plenty of success with no balance inventment on them... IDK
Hold my fanny pack and watch this s***

Link
Would rather see a QB SA that adds loft to the ball negating verticals to a degree.

Link
Originally posted by Detroit Leos
I've never really seen anything on balance impacting throw accuracy. Makes sense logically, but the OTR SA reads that there is just a penalty to accuracy when not planted. I have not really experimented with higher balance on QBs, but also have had plenty of success with no balance inventment on them... IDK

If throw on the run activates it seems to be gravy even without balance, but for when it doesn't it seems to make a difference.
aka - Atatakakunai

Link
Mostly wondering due to the description - exceptional at getting the ball away away while moving out the pocket.

Funny enough it fires in the pocket as well, especially after a pump fake. A lot of times, I actually get a pump fake (then a little trot into better protection) into a on the run animation - so I guess Iím really wondering if there was a bonus to quickness/footwork would it make it more fluid? Like a confident last ditch type look instead of a stop and planting feet current look?

I always felt like on the run should be a dual threat incentive, and i could see it blooming really well in play action sets or mixed with other SAs. QBs need better/more fleshed out SAs so the build options are better. Shed sack looks good on some to me already, but itís not even a passing SA and frankly by the time you hit Vet I would hope youíre not seeing it fire much in game.
The pool game on iPhone is the key to ending all military activity worldwide

Link
On the run can activate any time the qb is moving at all when he throws, even just on a small adjustment in the pocket. But I like the idea of giving dual threats sharper teeth, hard to do in a balanced way.
aka - Atatakakunai
Edited by Raid on Dec 23, 2020 13:43:30

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.