User Pass

Forum > FAQ's, Player Guides and Game Help > Build Help and Discussion > QB Builds

Page:

Link
My goal is to create a thread for each position in this tab so we can share and compare builds. I will start with my QB build. I prefer pocket passers. Before I post my build with some comments I want to give Xar's credit for sharing his QB build with me. I combined our builds to create this build...
Beginning Build...http://www.glb2scout.com/vpimages/64_6819_1620391867.png
Final Build... http://www.glb2scout.com/vpimages/64_6878_1620391397.png

Traits
Cool Headed for Pass Consistency
Field General for more leadership
Precision Passer for Pass Accuracy

SAs
Gold Through the Needle
Silver Pump Fake helpful vs Zones
Silver Iron Grip helpful vs Sack fumbles I would take this before Pump Fake. Think Rookie and Sophomore blitzes whereas Zone are stronger later in the game.

Edited by agerm73 on May 7, 2021 06:51:43

Admin
Link
Thread moved by moderator.
Stabbity-Stab-Stab
O_o

Link
Don't you think heart and leadership are a little too low? And he better have good protection or he will get sacked. Lack of footwork and pocket awareness are concerning.
Decepticons, attack!

Link
Originally posted by Cybertron
Don't you think heart and leadership are a little too low? And he better have good protection or he will get sacked. Lack of footwork and pocket awareness are concerning.

Those targets have worked for me in the past. Obviously, more heart, leadership, FW and pocket awareness would help BUT at the cost of what other skills? I challenge you to post your QB build.

Sometimes it can be difficult to read tone in chat. I am not being pissy. The intention of this forum is to generate discussion. Please contribute.

Link
I would lower tech some and use those points to up heart, leadership, fw, conditioning, etc. But if the build works for you, there is no right way to build it I suppose, just know that those are a lil low for my personal taste.

Link
Originally posted by Myrik_Justiciar
I would lower tech some and use those points to up heart, leadership, fw, conditioning, etc. But if the build works for you, there is no right way to build it I suppose, just know that those are a lil low for my personal taste.

Thank you for your suggestion Myrik. I appreciate it. Is there any chance that you would post your QB build, for comparison and the benefit of the GLB2 community.

Link
Originally posted by agerm73
I challenge you to post your QB build.

Trust me, after Jamelle Holieway slices and dices the "GLB Elite" competition with his feet and arm over the next 9 seasons, agents will be clamoring to get just a glimpse of his magnificent build. But alas, we must keep some builds secret. Hints will be given here and there...but it will be up to you, young grasshopper, to fill in the blanks
Decepticons, attack!
Edited by Cybertron on May 5, 2021 14:34:53

Link

Sometimes it can be difficult to read tone in chat. I am not being pissy. The intention of this forum is to generate discussion. Please contribute.

I'm never pissy with other agents...just with my team's performance
Decepticons, attack!
Edited by Cybertron on May 5, 2021 14:33:20

Link
Those targets have worked for me in the past. Obviously, more heart, leadership, FW and pocket awareness would help BUT at the cost of what other skills?

Lower accuracy...alot. How do you think Jamelle Holieway is going to be so fast?
Decepticons, attack!
Edited by Cybertron on May 5, 2021 14:35:07

Link

How much conditioning does a drop back QB actually need?
Decepticons, attack!

Link

It depends on the WR/TE builds. If you are going with CiT monsters (90+) then get Pass Tech to 100 and Gold TTN.

If you're building the WR/TE differently, then adjust.

Frankly, 30 Drop Back Grip and 30 Toughness aren't enough.

Trait Scholar is a questionable choice simply because we have no idea what Play Knowledge brings. Also, what benefit does it have once you have Gold levels of Play Knowledge? None? Because at Journeyman, I already have 2 at Gold and 6 at Silver.
Living rent-free in TxSteve's head since at least July 12, 2016.

Link
Yeah...Iíve never liked Scholar SA.
Decepticons, attack!

Link
I updated my original build based on all of your input and info from some other forum posts.

Link
I'm personally a fan of Scholar. For one, it has no cap penalty, unlike Precision Passer or Cool Headed, and for a position with by far the highest cap hit in the game, getting value on a reduced salary is a big deal. Two, while it's possible that awareness is the only relevant stat it gives, I distinctly remember CD saying that it scales infinitely - that is, even after reaching gold, it continues to track and reward further play knowledge gathered, even if it doesn't show on the UI. This means that while everyone else plateaus once all their SPs have been spent going into Vet, you continue getting stronger throughout each game - forever. Worst case scenario is you get infinitely scaling awareness (pocket and pass awareness both, most likely) for a $0 cap hit. Best case scenario is that the "other abilities" mentioned by play knowledge are not actually useless, and you also get infinite scaling to something great like pass tech or consistency. The reason I take it is because even without gambling on the best case scenario, the worst case scenario still seems pretty good.

Then again, there are reasons against it. We don't know how much awareness it gives and that matters quite a lot, especially compared to the guaranteed value you'd get from a different trait. Awareness can also be a less impactful or even undesirable stat in some circumstances. Ultimately it's personal preference, but I would definitely go as far as to say it is a viable consideration.

Also, why so much drop back grip? You could just spend those points on footwork and pocket awareness and get sacked less. Less sacks = less sack fumbles, but it also equals less sacks, which translates into less punts as well... It's not even that likely that you'll avoid a fumble just for taking a fairly low amount of grip, so just focus on avoiding the sack instead, imo.
Edited by Kvothe27 on May 7, 2021 09:51:13

Link
Originally posted by Kvothe27

Also, why so much drop back grip? You could just spend those points on footwork and pocket awareness and get sacked less. Less sacks = less sack fumbles, but it also equals less sacks, which translates into less punts as well... It's not even that likely that you'll avoid a fumble just for taking a fairly low amount of grip, so just focus on avoiding the sack instead, imo.

No.

You will get sacked no matter how much Footwork and Pocket Awareness you have.

It's the code.

There is literally a wall 7 yards behind the QB. You can't drift back farther (like in real football) and avoid the rush. You can only slide up or down (left or right depending on how you view it).

This is why there are no 8 yard sacks. No 9 yard sacks. No 10 yard sacks.

The majority of sacks are pinches. You need DBG because the fumble calculation is based on the Power Tackling of the defender and your QBs Conditioning - Toughness - Drop Back Grip. Since QB conditioning is almost always low, you need high values in the other two.

People are blitzing with 80-90 Power Tackling LBs. QB values of 30 aren't going to cut it.
Living rent-free in TxSteve's head since at least July 12, 2016.
Edited by Xars on May 7, 2021 11:01:25
Page:

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.