User Pass

Forum > Suggestions > QB Pass Power SA: Bullet or Rifle Shot or something

Page:

Online
Link
Currently, it's better to have a low Pass Power QB than a high Pass Power QB.

Against Man, the low Pass Power QB under throws the WR almost intentionally causing the WR to achieve separation from the CB and make the catch.

Against Zone, the low Pass Power QB has a better chance of throwing a pass over a jumping ILB than throwing it by him.

So if you don't want me (and everyone) building 100 Pass Tech, Gold SA TTN QBs give us a reason not to.

We need a QB SA that activates off Pass Power.

Something that increases the velocity and decreases LB awareness.

Anyway, you know which mechanics need to be tweaked more than me, but if you don't want noodle arm domination, give us a better option.

I've got a 90+ Pass Power QB build ready to go with a WRs and TEs built completely different then the CiT monsters they are today.

Just
Give
Me
A
Reason

My current LZ6 QB (non-S*), with a Pass Power of 9, is averaging 8.7 YPA with a 56.2% completion rate.

Belgarath, as a S* QB with 69 Pass Power, only had one season above an 8 YPA and a completion % of 56-61 over his career.

Your move.
Living rent-free in TxSteve's head since at least July 12, 2016.
Edited by Xars on Jun 19, 2021 10:50:03

Last Online: Sep 20, 2021 21:58:52
Link
Yep, I made this point in the offseason. My 18 pass power, rushing QB is passing bombs great all season long and the top passer in Journeyman.

The arch he gets on passes is something my 81 pass power S*QB could only dream of. https://glb2.warriorgeneral.com/game/replay/800735/1277039?player_id=344526

Last Online: Sep 20, 2021 20:58:03
Link
Originally posted by BoDiddley
Yep, I made this point in the offseason. My 18 pass power, rushing QB is passing bombs great all season long and the top passer in Journeyman.

The arch he gets on passes is something my 81 pass power S*QB could only dream of. https://glb2.warriorgeneral.com/game/replay/800735/1277039?player_id=344526


I've sadly noticed.

I think someone had a suggestion a while back on variable pass power - something like allowing the QB to change the arc of his throw based on the situation.
Edited by william78 on Jun 19, 2021 15:59:17

Last Online: Sep 20, 2021 23:21:13
Link
Not that Holieway has had an awesome passing season or anything, but I have yet to put any points into any passing skills this season. And I only plan on taking pass power to 30 by end build. But by the way ya'll are talking, I might not invest any into pass power.

https://glb2.warriorgeneral.com/game/player/350981
Decepticons, attack!
Edited by Cybertron on Jun 19, 2021 14:14:01

Last Online: Sep 21, 2021 04:50:21
Link
Originally posted by william78
I've sadly noticed.

I think someone had a suggestion a while back on variable pass pwoer - something like allowing the QB to change the arc of his throw based on the situation.

Always seemed to me like something that should be linked to Pass Awareness - not just where and when to throw the pass, but how to throw it.

Last Online: Sep 20, 2021 23:21:13
Link
Originally posted by bmg_3

Always seemed to me like something that should be linked to Pass Awareness - not just where and when to throw the pass, but how to throw it.


I think this was mentioned as well.
Decepticons, attack!

Last Online: Sep 20, 2021 21:58:52
Link
Originally posted by Cybertron
Not that Holieway has had an awesome passing season or anything, but I have yet to put any points into any passing skills this season. And I only plan on taking pass power to 30 by end build. But by the way ya'll are talking, I might not invest any into pass power.

https://glb2.warriorgeneral.com/game/player/350981


I would say don't. Holieway is similar to Freddy, just keep pumping CiT on the receivers

Last Online: Sep 20, 2021 21:58:52
Link
Originally posted by william78
I've sadly noticed.

I think someone had a suggestion a while back on variable pass pwoer - something like allowing the QB to change the arc of his throw based on the situation.


That would be great. Just makes no sense that QBs are penalized for adding power

Last Online: Sep 20, 2021 20:58:03
Link
Originally posted by bmg_3

Always seemed to me like something that should be linked to Pass Awareness - not just where and when to throw the pass, but how to throw it.


Thumbs up. Pass Awareness is a little underloved in the current meta could add some needed impact.

Last Online: Sep 20, 2021 23:21:13
Link
Originally posted by BoDiddley
I would say don't. Holieway is similar to Freddy, just keep pumping CiT on the receivers


Yeah...only passing skills I am taking over 30 is Pass Tech and Consistency. Not gonna put anything on power.

Power and to a lesser extent, accuracy, is pretty useless.
Decepticons, attack!
Edited by Cybertron on Jun 19, 2021 15:58:21

Last Online: Sep 20, 2021 11:05:06
Link
I've come to the conclusion that you can't currently make a QB that can succeed over a INT focused Defense in the game currently.

Here is a great example to this thread-.
If you have the time you can watch the whole game and see my QB makes great throws all game but still get's picked off 4 times
https://glb2.warriorgeneral.com/game/game/800716

Here is 65 Pass Power and Thread the Needle in action
https://glb2.warriorgeneral.com/game/replay/800716/1300275?player_id=315139


Last Online: Sep 20, 2021 23:25:05
Link
Originally posted by ShadyMcCoy
Here is 65 Pass Power and Thread the Needle in action
https://glb2.warriorgeneral.com/game/replay/800716/1300275?player_id=315139

What is his Pass Accuracy? Maybe higher accuracy=fewer INTs?

Last Online: Sep 20, 2021 23:21:13
Link
Originally posted by Ace of Spades 7

What is his Pass Accuracy? Maybe higher accuracy=fewer INTs?


Yeah....he threw it right to the LB. And he couldnít have put any air on it because it would have sailed over the WRs head too. Maybe he didnít see the LB? If he would have waited another second he could have hit him in stride further down the field.
Decepticons, attack!
Edited by Cybertron on Jun 20, 2021 18:41:28

Last Online: Sep 20, 2021 11:05:06
Link
Originally posted by Ace of Spades 7

What is his Pass Accuracy? Maybe higher accuracy=fewer INTs?


Pass Accuracy 85

https://glb2.warriorgeneral.com/game/player/315139

There was a change log post not too long ago that said Pass Power would help prevent INTs.
Edited by ShadyMcCoy on Jun 20, 2021 19:00:33

Last Online: Sep 20, 2021 23:21:13
Link
I would think it would have to do with Pass Awareness "seeing open receivers". It is only at 40.
Decepticons, attack!
Page:

Post Reply

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.