User Pass

Forum > Suggestions > QB Pass Power SA: Bullet or Rifle Shot or something

Page:

Link
Originally posted by ShadyMcCoy
Pass Accuracy 85

https://glb2.warriorgeneral.com/game/player/315139

Dang, can't argue with those stats. If anything I'd say your Intimidation is too low. If your QB was more intimidating the opposing D would be too scared to catch the ball.

Link
Pass Accuracy 85

There was a change log post not too long ago that said Pass Power would help prevent INTs.

It did work, I noticed my Int totals take a hit after and complained to no avail if you recall.

Any QB can have a bad game, they can get a rattled status at times that will affect how they play.

You have a well built QB (I'd prob do him a lil bit differently for my style) and I dig whose he's named after... sometimes KY has guys named after famous people among characters or what not.
Edited by Myrik_Justiciar on Jun 21, 2021 22:28:23

Link
Originally posted by bmg_3

Always seemed to me like something that should be linked to Pass Awareness - not just where and when to throw the pass, but how to throw it.

Originally posted by william78
Thumbs up. Pass Awareness is a little underloved in the current meta could add some needed impact.

Pass Awareness has SA Pump Fake. Pass Awareness is my 2nd highest skill value and Pump Fake is Silver and will be Gold at Vet.

With all the Zone that gets played these days, I see it as the #2 SA after TTN. It is, perhaps, under-powered but I can't really say that til I get Gold.

Back to the OP: There's no SA on Pass Power.

Living rent-free in TxSteve's head since at least July 12, 2016.

Link
I've come to the conclusion that you can't currently make a QB that can succeed over a INT focused Defense in the game currently.

Here is a great example to this thread-.
If you have the time you can watch the whole game and see my QB makes great throws all game but still get's picked off 4 times
https://glb2.warriorgeneral.com/game/game/800716

Here is 65 Pass Power and Thread the Needle in action
https://glb2.warriorgeneral.com/game/replay/800716/1300275?player_id=315139

Pass Accuracy 85

There was a change log post not too long ago that said Pass Power would help prevent INTs.

The QB build is fine. So now the Question is:

How are the WRs & TE built?
What's your play calling?
A high contract??? On a S* QB??? - That's a fuckton of salary $ just to get 25 more Heart.
How is the rest of the team built?
Are you passing in obvious pass situations?
Are you too skewed in your formation play calling?

You built a S* QB and you expect him to dominate. Since he's not you blame the game.

But maybe the real blame is on the other parts you and the other humans control????

There's a lot of factors and INTs are going to happen to everyone. But controlling your INT % is based on multiple factors.

Competing against top builders/play callers/team owners isn't that easy.

And FYI, you don't want it to be.

You've had a nice run. Now learn from it and iterate. And then again and again and again.

I'm not trying to be a dick. One person is the "best" and then everyone else is "not the best". Welcome to life. You're not perfect and you don't know what you don't know. No one is or does. You can focus on the criticism or focus on the inspiration to get better. Up to you.

That's the real meta-game.
Edited by Xars on Jun 22, 2021 04:26:25

Link
So I scouted Himalayas Yeti Monsters.

First thing, your losses are to very good/great owners. It's why they have teams above yours on the Ladder.

And none of them started that way. Everyone starts with losses.

Second thing, scouted your League and Ladder games.

On First Down, you're 55% Run and 45% Pass. Rushing is averaging 6.5 and Passing 6.4 Y/play. INT of 5% and Sacks of 5% is high.

BUT ...

From 2TE, you are 30% (6.4) /70% (4.9) - too much Passing. Everyone plays for the pass - and you're using the PA plays that don't work - depressing your results. You're literally averaging 11.1 Y/rush Inside from 2TE yet have only called it 12 times in 21 games. Why? Just a thought, perhaps you're running Inside so well because the D is constantly playing for the Pass? Gee, shocking. Up the Dives and jam the rock down their throats.

From 1 WR, (Big I), you are 80% (8.9) / 20% (4.3) - a lot of Rushing and you've been successful at it. Did you know that your averaging 10.6 Y/rush on Off Tackle plays but are calling less than one per game (16/21)?

From 2WR, 70% (6.3) / 30% (8.0) - overall very good. You're at 66% Inside Running (5.5) but only 3% Off Tackle (8.4). Run a little less inside and more Off Tackle to balance out the 6 gaps you attack. For Outside, your team is at a 53-2 ratio of Strong-Weak side yet still averaging 7.9 Yards. Run Weak at least 40% (if not 60%) of the time and be less predictable. Weak side runs open up Passing to your S* TE. (Your Inside runs favors Strong-Weak at 2-1 so try to even that out too).

From 3WR, 40% (5.4) / 60% (6.9) - nice balance but here's where INTs come in as you have 6 in 90 plays. 3 are from targets to WR3 and 3 from WR2. What's the CiT skill of WR2? TE Drive has LB-INT written all over it when targeting WR3. You need to mix in Flag plays and not let the D just sit in underneath zones. Run more Inside (Dives) so the D doesn't play for the pick. Your rushing is almost all Weak side here, so with this formation you want to run to the Strong side more.

From 3WR TRIPS, 65% (7.9) / 35% (5.5) - You're not using this formation much and you should be using it a lot more on First Down. Against Man teams, keep using the Outside Runs to the Strong side (22.8 Y/play) and against Zone teams run Outside Weak. Add some more Passing plays to this mix.

From 4WR 80% (6.5) / 20% (9.9) - great numbers but only 65 total plays. I'd Pass more so your eventual mix isn't 80/20. Only problem is 2 INTs on 14 pass plays - but again both were from targets to WR2. Who's at WR2 and what is their CiT skill? Have you tried changing your passing plays checkdown order?

From 4WR TRIPS, 0% / 100% (3.9) - low Passing numbers plus an INT out of 28 attempts. Your team needs to be running from this formation. You have a S* HB on the field. Same as 3WR TRIPS: Against Man teams you can favor Outside Strong side runs and against Zone teams, run Weak side where you outnumber them.

From 5WR, you're at 5.3 YPA and 8% INT. Stop using this formation as you don't use either your S* HB or S* TE.

And that's just First Down and not any of the Situational decisions you make or your Defense.

ADDED: Since you have 2 TEs and 3 WRs on the roster, I wouldn't use the 4WR or 4WR TRIPS plays. Use the first 5 formations. That gives you 30 Inside Running plays (Dive/Slam/OffTackle) where you can use Run-Inside and Run-Very Short to fill up. The 5 formations will let you use 5 Outside Running plays if you just want to attack one side of the field, and 10 when you want both. You can mix up the blue dots on each play to swing which side you are attacking. That's 40 different running plays per game. That's a lot of Play Diversity bonus.

Then across those 5 formations you can use 2-4 or more Passing plays per each formation depending on situation.

You can easily hit 40 unique plays per game if not 60. Find a mix of Passing plays that match your TE/WR builds and attack all areas of the field. Use a base O plan for all that. Then tweak it to an individual playbook tailored to the D of the team your facing.

Keep 2WR as your base and throw in the 3WR/3WR TRIPS balanced by 2TE/1WR so you spread use & rest across your team. Something like 33% 2WR, 16% 2TE and 1WR each with 16% 3WR and 3WR TRIPS. This is harder to balance than just going 20/20/20/20/20 but it's up to you. Depends on how much Conditioning your FB has. All of your Offensive S* (4) can be on the field for every play (except an occasional substitution for Energy).

Edited by Xars on Jun 22, 2021 06:49:07

Link
Originally posted by Xars
So I scouted Himalayas Yeti Monsters.

Dude, you're a rock star. That was an amazing breakdown!

Link
man that was a deep dive right there well written

Link
End of season bump.

Hopeful.

Link
Zone will lose any sense if U can just overcome int focused MLBs WITH SAs. It is valid way to use floating balls against zone in the middle but there is a valid way to beat zone with passing to outside with strong pass power. Just avoid bad situation depend on who U got.

example of beating zone with power pass: https://glb2.warriorgeneral.com/game/game/799120 // watch from 2nd quarter cuz 1st was horrible.

Don't get me wrong I cant wait to boosting pass power. It will make WolfLions's power over 9000.
My power QB got 65.7% comp rate and 8.1 ypa.
S34,S35,S36,S37,S38,S39 FireCracker League Champ with Gliwice Lions
6 in a row champ

https://glb2.warriorgeneral.com/game/game/771386 7 punts in a game 6 in a quarter.
Edited by Ghanima on Jul 2, 2021 00:08:04

Link
Originally posted by Ghanima
Zone will lose any sense if U can just overcome int focused MLBs WITH SAs. It is valid way to use floating balls against zone in the middle but there is a valid way to beat zone with passing to outside with strong pass power. Just avoid bad situation depend on who U got.

example of beating zone with power pass: https://glb2.warriorgeneral.com/game/game/799120 // watch from 2nd quarter cuz 1st was horrible.

Don't get me wrong I cant wait to boosting pass power. It will make WolfLions's power over 9000.
My power QB got 65.7% comp rate and 8.1 ypa.

I don't know man. Your QB threw for 8 ints in that game. And the other team threw for 5 ints.

Link
Originally posted by BoDiddley
I don't know man. Your QB threw for 8 ints in that game. And the other team threw for 5 ints.

that was bad exampleyet game was kinda fun.
S34,S35,S36,S37,S38,S39 FireCracker League Champ with Gliwice Lions
6 in a row champ

https://glb2.warriorgeneral.com/game/game/771386 7 punts in a game 6 in a quarter.
Page:

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.