User Pass

Forum > Goal Line Blitz 2 > Can you name 4 for 54?............

Page:

Link
Originally posted by dlcurt
In my defense, I made last minute QB and WR rebuilds. So I did forget to maximize the contracts. However, if half the people looked at my roster, its 85% unboosted. However, most are natural and high salary so it will be interesting.

That is better than a team with 12 S*s in rookie.
Decepticons, attack!

Link
Originally posted by dlcurt
In my defense, I made last minute QB and WR rebuilds. So I did forget to maximize the contracts. However, if half the people looked at my roster, its 85% unboosted. However, most are natural and high salary so it will be interesting.

i did the same thing with VT last season at least half were unboosted an mosthad high contracts an a couple cpu mixed in too an still made title gm lol

Link
Originally posted by ND Irish1
i did the same thing with VT last season at least half were unboosted an mosthad high contracts an a couple cpu mixed in too an still made title gm lol

I beat some good teams with the deadites their last rookie season with about half the team as CPU.

I still got like 25% CPU count on that team - and 5 Guards... the roster is a fun mess.
aka - Atatakakunai
Edited by Raid on Jul 13, 2021 16:33:20

Link
Originally posted by Bretto007
Gainesville Gamblers?

He changed the name lol

Link
Originally posted by Cybertron
That is better than a team with 12 S*s in rookie.

Going for the 12 S* team next run so we’ll see.

Living rent-free in TxSteve's head since at least July 12, 2016.

Link
Originally posted by Xars
Going for the 12 S* team next run so we’ll see.

A S* costs 150% more than a normal salary and gets 1 AP and 12k SP on day one, and another 7k SP by the championship game.

A high contract costs 20% more than a normal salary and gets 6k SP day one, plus faster chem gain. The cap freedom also allows you to run more backups, massively increasing your energy levels - this is an even bigger deal than the high contract.

Even if you overperform with your 12 S*, I personally think high contracts and deep rosters are always more rookie-friendly than S*.

Link
Originally posted by william78
Or more specifically the top 4 rookie teams end of season ladder. That includes Franklin, Hamilton and even Jefferson's CPU squad (or perhaps Button Gwinett's league - which I'm amazed they included him).

So in no particular order:

Maine Rampage - Franklin Gamma
Intimidation Factor - Hamilton Alpha
Clone Factory Citizen - Hamilton Alpha
Tcejorp S'diar - Hamilton Alpha

Rookie reminds me of the crap table!!! Anyone can get smacked!!! We finish around the 5-6 mark most rookie runs.... But of course we will shoot for the top spots if the GLB2 gods have favor upon us!!!

Link
Originally posted by Da Phenom
Rookie reminds me of the crap table!!! Anyone can get smacked!!! We finish around the 5-6 mark most rookie runs.... But of course we will shoot for the top spots if the GLB2 gods have favor upon us!!!

I don't really think it's a crap shoot - on the other hand some team designs certainly don't work as well at rookie as they do later in the game.

Link
https://tinyurl.com/k6h2592r

Would anyone care to take a mulligan on this yet?

Link
Originally posted by ellix

I've never seen a more disrespected team O_o

Link
Originally posted by ellix

lol yeah good start so far

Link
Originally posted by iRockVans
Do not sleep on Bizzarro's Panthers or Pheep's Blue Knights

No order:

Maine Rampage
Blue Knights
Philadelphia Panthers
NW Storm

Appreciate the love but im not going for competitive out here lol

Link
Originally posted by Kvothe27
A S* costs 150% more than a normal salary and gets 1 AP and 12k SP on day one, and another 7k SP by the championship game.

A high contract costs 20% more than a normal salary and gets 6k SP day one, plus faster chem gain. The cap freedom also allows you to run more backups, massively increasing your energy levels - this is an even bigger deal than the high contract.

Even if you overperform with your 12 S*, I personally think high contracts and deep rosters are always more rookie-friendly than S*.

A lot of the advantages of this are gone by week 20 and what do you do about Soph?

So for a one-and-done team, it's a short-term edge but it fades away.

Link
Originally posted by Xars
A lot of the advantages of this are gone by week 20 and what do you do about Soph?

So for a one-and-done team, it's a short-term edge but it fades away.

The advantages of cheap players letting you frequently rotate backups and save a ton on energy is not lost by week 20, nor is the free 25 heart, which instead increases in value the more heart you add throughout the season. The only part of a high contract that depreciates is the chem bonus. For a one-and-done team, I think it's a fairly significant edge. And I'm not sure what sophomore has to do with it, since I did specify that this was only about rookie.

Link
The advantages of cheap players letting you frequently rotate backups and save a ton on energy is not lost by week 20, nor is the free 25 heart, which instead increases in value the more heart you add throughout the season.

True.

The only part of a high contract that depreciates is the chem bonus.

True. It's the largest bonus until that point (because it effects all stats) but it fades.

For a one-and-done team, I think it's a fairly significant edge. And I'm not sure what sophomore has to do with it, since I did specify that this was only about rookie.

True, but that's not how most people plan teams. So if you're planning a one-and-done, then fine. But there are potentially (probably?) a lot of people who will read that (who aren't heavy forum posters such as us) and try to optimize for Rookie but then put themselves in a worse position for Soph.

Hence my post.

Different perspectives.

Page:

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.