User Pass

Forum > FAQ's, Player Guides and Game Help > GLB2 Mentors and GLB2 Academy Discord

Link
Probably just over 6 months ago from the time of this post I will have been playing this game after a 7 year break.

I am quite sure, that if not for on my second day back being messaged out of the blue by William78, I would have since quit again. I needed someone like him to help get me back in the game and catch me up to speed.

I think a great many of us both understand that the burden of knowledge to compete in this game is extremely high. While ways to interact with newer players can be close to zero before they make a last ditch post on the forums begging for help.

And I also think a great many of us want to see new blood entering into the game, and even better, succeeding.

Last season I teamed up with a relatively new owner DirtyBird212. And between the two of us we took a team to the playoffs on his first serious attempt at coaching. Where he would lose in a close game, to myself.

But this was a new owner who came into the game looking for help, was willing to listen, took initiative to learn and if he was in a different league last season very well might have taken home a ring as an owner.

Many of us agree that becoming owners or coaches is the path to staying engaged in the game, but it can be hard to ask players to do this when the barrier for entry on proper builds, play calling and tactics can be so obfuscated.

In the effort of continuing the good will shown to me by William78, I want to help new players wherever I can. And I know that many other agents feel the same.

This is why I would like to begin maintaining both a list here on the forums of volunteer Mentors to help new players with questions, team formation, and maybe even taking on coaching roles.

In addition I will be starting a Discord server in the vein of helping new players. The discord server will be for general questions of all kinds as I feel the current WGG Discord is unfortunately woefully set up to allow people to come in and ask targeted questions about the game.

Below you will find a list of volunteer Mentors. Please feel free to reach out to them and ask them for help.

In addition, feel free to join the Discord if you have any questions as well.

Currently Active Mentors:
Adderfist
Atlbruce
Ellix

Discord: https://discord.gg/wCP7H678Sd

Any veterans who wish to volunteer themselves to take part in this please feel free to message me or leave a comment here. I am hopeful we can help players pick up the game and become successful and long term owners and coaches.
Edited by ellix on Sep 9, 2021 17:24:33

Link
This is a great idea!

Link
Church of the Holy Zone is already in! Ready to spread the word of zone and smack m2m infidels.
S34,S35,S36,S37,S38,S39 FireCracker League Champ with Gliwice Lions
6 in a row champ

https://glb2.warriorgeneral.com/game/game/771386 7 punts in a game 6 in a quarter.

Link
Gosh that is a great idea

Link
i already do this with new players an new owners i see without discord lol

Link
Well, I do not have a ton of time for coaching folks up these days. However, I did go ahead and share the PBs that I have used on auto pilot for BSB for both offense and defense on glb2scout. Should provide a good jumping point possibly for those that decide that they want to break it down and/or modify it for use as needed.

Be sure to compare tactics with PB sections and such.

Other than that, enjoy!
Hold my fanny pack and watch this s***
Edited by Detroit Leos on Sep 9, 2021 15:46:08

Link
Well I'm hoping I get approval from Bort to do the landing page to link to things such as this.

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.