User Pass

Forum > Suggestions > Fix Defense (I. Pathing)

Page:

Link
Originally posted by Raid
He runs directly at the HB, it’s bad for 2 reasons.

If he runs around the blocker to the outside, even if the blocker still makes contact it will more than likely force the HB back inside where a LB or Lineman is likely to make the tackle. If he tries to run around to the inside, it prevents the blocking interaction from getting in the way of other players trying to go across from inside. By just running right at the blocker, he sets himself up to be an obstacle to other defenders and doesn’t prevent the back from getting to the edge.

Those are not good angles, elusive will punish that all day, you have to close off the outside lane or at least stay out of the way so someone else can.

Good points. I will post plays from my next few games
Decepticons, attack!

Link
One thing I didn't even consider, you could just lean into it.

You could get away with ~45-55 pursuit, if you utilized the extra points in shed block skills and balance. Would make those direct angles and speed boosts turn into revcakes and blown up plays.
aka - Atatakakunai
Edited by Raid on Sep 16, 2021 23:12:04

Link
Originally posted by Raid
One thing I didn't even consider, you could just lean into it.

You could get away with ~45-55 pursuit, if you utilized the extra points in shed block skills and balance. Would make those direct angles and speed boosts turn into revcakes and blown up plays.

HoLi shit…

█▀▄ ▀█▀ █▀▀ ▀   █░░ █▀█ ▄▀█ █▀▄ █ █▄&#
Page:

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.