User Pass

Forum > FAQ's, Player Guides and Game Help > QB - On the Run & Balance

Link
How much of the penalty to throwing while moving is a function of balance?

At one point--and it still may be true--gold in OTR was considered a must-have, but I'm wondering if this could be reduced to silver or nothing if simply taking balance higher than most take it. Or... maybe, if receivers just focus more on awareness (a cheap skill to upgrade) if this might not matter as much anyway.

Thoughts? Experience?
Edited by Oofty on Jan 13, 2022 06:12:41

Link
The awareness side is hard. When you adjust your build to get great rec awareness you lose other critical areas. But can for sure be done on the WR and still be good.

Now the OTR QB, i would love to see someone experiment and find out. Really is a good question, i never thought of it as a balance issue but more of an issue of the pressure getting to the QB
Owner:Southside Rebels

Link
Originally posted by dredgar
Now the OTR QB, i would love to see someone experiment and find out. Really is a good question, i never thought of it as a balance issue but more of an issue of the pressure getting to the QB

As an unrelated aside, I also want to see an experiment of a QB built exclusively for a power run game and dink-and-dunk check-downs (basically, a caricature of Jim Harbaugh's teams at Stanford): really high leadership to prolong abilities of o-line and get quickest developing runs from handoffs, high pass awareness, Quick Hitter at gold, Quick Read at silver/gold. Pair it with blocking WRs, a Superstar Lead FB, Superstar block-first TE, Superstar RB, a backup RB with skills built for being a scatback (who can take advantage of blocking WRs on screens), etc.

With the above, there'd be no need for superstar QB, and that cap space could be redirected to the o-line and defense.

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.