User Pass

Forum > Bugs > Very Long in D Tactics not working.

Link
In my D Tactics for 3/4th & V.Long it is set to 100% Short Pass.
Long is <= 10 yards so anything longer than that would be considered V.Long
I've got Short Pass plays in every formation (2WR, 3WR, etc.)
In the Bengals vs. Columbus Terror game today in every 3/4th & V.Long situation it always called something other than Short Pass: 4x Med Pass & 3x Outside Run.

This appears to be a bug with, at least, 3/4th & V.Long Tactics (I'm not sure about 2nd & V.Long)

Today was the first time I've set it up this way so I hadn't seen this bug before.
Edited by Ace of Spades 7 on Jun 13, 2022 16:50:33

Link
Okay, here's a head scratcher of a follow up...

Today's Bengals vs Waterboys game I ran the exact same offense and defense, playbooks and tactics.
I set 100% Short Pass in both 3/4th down Long and V.Long

Result: the Waterboys ran the Short Pass plays ... the Bengals did NOT.

So, this is a Bengals bug not a general bug? Can someone explain this?

Link
check 2min warning settings as it can and will override other settings

Link
Originally posted by ThePh33P
check 2min warning settings as it can and will override other settings

Good idea to check. Here's what I found in the Bengals vs. Waterboys game (outside the final 2 min of the halves):
Waterboys: 10 out of 10 Short Pass = 100% (as per Tactics)
Bengals: 0 out of 9 Short Pass = 0%

(for testing I set 100% Short Pass to be called on any 3/4th down and 6+ yards to go)
Edited by Ace of Spades 7 on Jun 15, 2022 10:34:41

Link
Seems like a genuine bug if the playbooks and tactics were identical. Has this happened in any of the Bengals games besides these?

Link
Originally posted by Kvothe27
Seems like a genuine bug if the playbooks and tactics were identical. Has this happened in any of the Bengals games besides these?

I set my D tactics so that all passing plays are Medium Pass. So, it never came up.

Actually, Bengals vs. Dream Team was the first time I changed it where I moved all my Med Pass in to the Long Pass column (testing how much cushion defenders give receivers) and in that game I also had Short Pass plays which did get called.

But, my default D playbook, which I used against Terror and Waterboys the Short Passes weren't called in either game (again, the Waterboys used that same default playbook and the Short Pass was called 100% correctly).

Wow, that's a weirdly specific bug.

Link
Ahhh, dammit!! Forget it. Sorry for wasting your time. I thought I was using the same playbook for both teams but only now when I was flipping back and forth between tabs did I realize the Bengals default playbook is labelled slightly differently and I didn't catch it.

ARGH! Sorry again.

Link
Originally posted by Ace of Spades 7
Ahhh, dammit!! Forget it. Sorry for wasting your time. I thought I was using the same playbook for both teams but only now when I was flipping back and forth between tabs did I realize the Bengals default playbook is labelled slightly differently and I didn't catch it.

ARGH! Sorry again.

All G Ace, Kind of figured it was something like that (I checked to see if mkeen was inactive first)

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.